基 督 工 人 中 心CHRISTIAN WITNESS CENTER
P. O. BOX 700,
WARSAW, MO 65355
TEL. 660-438-7710 FAX 660-438-7751
Home Page: www.cwcnet.org
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: BILLY KO
TEL. 573-443-6218 FAX 443-6292
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Greetings from the Christian Witness Center! May the grace and love from our Lord Jesus be with you and your family.
Here is our most recent news. Please lift us up before the throne of Christ.
(1)August Bible Camp—will be held from July 30 to Aug. 5. This year we will study the Life of Christ. Please not only give thanks for the 45 people who have applied and studied hard in the last few months, but also pray that they will persevere in their faith. The due date was June 13. If you miss this camp session, you can start to apply for next January’s Bible Camp, Dec. 31- Jan. 6, 2007, where we will study the Book of Acts.
(2) August Discipleship Training—will be held from Aug. 6 to 12. One of the speakers is Rev. Cyrus Lam. He is the Director of Gospel Operation International, which has sent out quite a few missionaries into different areas. His expertise is in Mission, which we have not taught for several years. Please start to prepare your hearts and invite people to come. It will be a useful training program, especially when we will be entering into the new semester or dealing with the turnover of coworkers. We would like to emphasize again that the Discipleship Training is not for the new believers only. All the brothers and sisters who wish to grow continuously and need to be equipped are invited.
(3) Give thanks for the Youth Camp—39 youths came to the Youth Camp (June 4-10). This year the most exciting part was when they witnessed in two nearby camps. Praise the Lord!
(1)Pastor Billy Ko— has a very busy schedule in the summer. Please remember his ministry and health in your prayers. Please also give thanks that the construction of Columbia Chinese Christian Church (where he is stationed) is nearly complete. In the past year, God provided us with enough funds, materials, and equipment (e.g. our pews, etc), so we can enjoy new classrooms, furniture and larger parking lot now.
(2) Sister Cindy Chiang—In the summer, she not only ministers in different churches and fellowships on weekends, but also wraps up the Center’s financial statement for CPA auditing and IRS filing. Please remember her and pray that her soul is as healthy as her body (III John 2).
(3) Pastor Joel Li— is back with us in Mid-May! Praise the Lord for his new, refreshing spirit, his sermons, and his good insight after his 8-month sabbatical leave. Currently Abby and the children are still in California for their final study stage. Please remember their family in your prayers.
(4) Sister Vivian Tsen— went back to Taiwan to visit her mom who has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Thanks for your prayers. Her mom is saved and was baptized. Although her health deteriorated, her spirit is good. Please remember them in your prayers.
(5) Sister Ching Kuan— has been busy with both the Senior and Mothers Ministry in Columbia Chinese Christian Church. In addition, she has assisted Pastor Ko. Many people are blessed through her.
(6) Brother Alan Stephan—he was so excited that last week he used his own vacation time to serve as a counselor in one camp near us. He led two young people in his cabin to Christ. Even though the weather is extremely hot (about 90 degrees everyday), he works very hard on the mowing and maintenance jobs. Give thanks for this faithful coworker.
(7) Brother Dennis Wong—he will join our ministry on July 1 and will station at Fayetteville, AR. Please pray for smooth moving, the new family adjustment (he has two young kids), and the new ministry there.
C. Short-Term Mission Teams
There will be two Missions trips: one in August (Aug 18-27) and one in September (Sept. 8-17). The goal for these trips is ministering to new students. Please remember those mission churches that are doing the recruiting and training. Also pray that the local churches will work with the teams to bring harvest for our Lord.
D. Dinning Room Expansion:
After many years of preparation and saving money, the Dinning Room construction will start soon. Thanks for your prayers and offerings, and please continue to pray for the project.
E. Other details:
Please check our July prayer calendar.
Thank you very much for your fervent prayers and support. May the Lord bless you more and more.
In His Service,
Pastor and Director of CWC
參加者： 1. 必須為重生得救的基督徒。
4. 必須按時到會，結束後才離開。5. 必須先報名，被接納後才來學習(買機票或車票前，請先詢問
聯絡地址：CHRISTIAN WITNESS CENTERP.O. BOX 700, WARSAW, MO. 65355
Home Page : www.cwcnet.org
講員簡介(MEET THE SPEAKERS)
Pastor Cyrus Lam - Missionary and Pastor in Indonesia and Canada for 15 year. Ph.D on Mission from the Fuller Theological Seminary. Currently he is the Director of Gospel Operation International for Chinese Christians, and working on sending missionaries, mission training and preaching.
Sister Martha Lee - She has served the Lord for almost 40 years. While in the 30-year-serving at San Jose Chinese Church in Christ Church, she teaches Sunday School, Basic-Doctrine classes, helps many solve the gospel questions and build up many Christians’ faith. She also wrote quite a few books about the Basic Doctrines.
Rev. Billy Ko and Co-workers - As the Executive Director of the Christian Witness Center, he and other co-workers minister to many campuses in the Midwest.
我已經預先經過中心同工同意，遲到或早退的特殊原因 (僅限工作或上課等) 是_______________________
DATE： From Aug. 6 (5:30PM) to 12 (1:00PM) 2006.
PURPOSE：For spiritual growth and to equip God's disciples to minister in the Bible
study groups and Churches for His glory.
Ministry: Expanding Your Church
Bible: The Book of Romans
Mission: Mission in the Bible
Spiritual: Spiritual Growth—the Cost of Being a Disciple, Revival Messages,etc
SPEAKERS：Rev. Cyrus Lam, Sister Martha Lee, CWC Coworkers, etc.
1. Must be a born-again Christian.
2. Willing to grow spiritually and to serve the Lord.
3. Must stay at the Center full time (no part-time).
4. Must arrive on time, and not leave until after the training is over.
5. Must send in application to be accepted before coming to the Center (will
notify). If you come by bus or airplane, please check the schedule with us
before you buy the tickets.
ADDRESS：Christian Witness Center
P.O. Box 700, Warsaw, MO. 65355
CONTACT： Billy Ko: (573)443-6218
CWC/Cindy Chiang: 660)438-7710 CWC Fax: (660)438-7751
Home Page: www.cwcnet.org
LANGUAGE：Mandarin. English and Cantonese translations are available.
DEADLINE：July 30, 2006
Please copy the following application form and paste it to your e-mail. Then send it to: email@example.com Thank you very much!
August 2006 DISCIPLESHIP TRAINING
CHINESE NAME__________________ENGLISH NAME______________________ SEX: ( ) M ( ) F
NAME OF SPOUSE _______________ENGLISH NAME_________________________
NAME OF CHILD________________ ENGLISH NAME______________________ SEX:( ) AGE ( )
NAME OF CHILD________________ ENGLISH NAME______________________ SEX: ( ) AGE ( )
NAME OF CHILD _______________ ENGLISH NAME_____________________ SEX: ( ) AGE ( )
ADDRESS________________________CITY __________STATE ___ZIP_______TEL_______________
DATE BECAME A CHRISTIAN ______________ E-MAIL: ____________________________________
I HAVE ATTENDED DISCIPLESHIP TRAINING, BIBLE CAMP BEFORE. ( ) YES ( ) NO
WHERE? ________________________________________ WHEN? ______________________________
UNLESS PERMITTED IN ADVANCE, MY SPECIAL REASON FOR LATE COMING OR EARLY LEAVING iS: ______________________________________________________________________________
PLEASE USE ANOTHER PAPER TO WRITE DOWN YOUR RECENT SPIRITUAL LIFE AND HOW YOU
SERVE THE LORD.
ALSO WHAT YOU DO EXPECT TO LEARN.
I WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND THE CHRISTIAN WITNESS CENTER DISCIPLESHIP TRAINING TO PREPARE MYSELF TO SERVE THE LORD. I AGREE TO KEEP ALL THE REGULATIONS IN THE CENTER. AFTER PRAYING, I MAKE THIS AGREEMENT.
SIGNATURE __________________________________ DATE _____________________________